Wednesday, June 10, 2009

180 Degree Turn Point in our Life....

So I'm sure some of you know, and others don't.....BUT Bryce was laid off 6 months ago. We've been blessed to make it through but it has been rough. Anyway 2 weeks ago he interviewed for a job with Provo School District. Starting with 157 applicants it came down to him and one other guy. I was sure we had it in the bag. The other guy got it and I was devistated. A couple days later Provo School District called and offered Bryce a job teaching Special Education. They are going to pay for him to get his certificate while he teaches, and then they are going to help him get his masters too. Within 3-5 years they think he can be a principal or in some sort of administration position. Pretty Crazy huh? Never thought we'd be heading down this road, but with the Aviation and Construction markets, this one looks much more stable. :) SO....that is what is newest in our life.

9 comments:

Jana said...

That's so exciting, I hope he really enjoys it. I bet it feels good to get that stability. I miss you and your classes, I'm dying!

Mindi said...

That is good news. I'm sure Bryce will do awesome at that job, and nice that they'll pay for him to get his master's.

Allie said...

That's awesome!! He really is the jack of all trades! You know I was getting my degree in Special Education. They have always had a special place in my heart. I'm so excited for you Bryce...

Jane said...

Oh my, has it been that long since I talked to you guys! I'm glad to hear about the new job....it sounds perfect for Bryce, kids always loved him, and it is a more stable occupation. Tell Bryce I say good luck!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to catch up!

Jessica said...

That's awesome! It's weird how the really the Lord is always pointing us in the "right" direction, even though we would have never thought we were going in the "right" direction.

It was fun to see you yesterday and wave for a second! I heard that you guys had a killer final time; good job!

Hepworths said...

wow, that's GREAT! keep us posted

Marianne said...

ok that made my eyes water, i know we don't see you guys because we're loosers but bryce is a brother to me. I'm sad I didn't know that you guys were going through that but i'm soooo grateful that a door opened, It's a true sign that you are blessed and faithful. We've been there before girl and even though it seems devestating at the time it pulled our family closer together and the new road ended up being the better road. We've learned that our plan (plan A) never works out the way we want it but plan b always interupts our lives and that's heavenly fathers plan. I'm so happy for Bryce because this new road seems soooo him, he'll be perfect at it. smile, we love you guys :) sunday night dinner??? our house, we'll bbq. let me know :)

Stina said...

I had no clue! Good luck!