Saturday, November 15, 2008

Reflection of Life

Today I went to my old bosses funeral. Chuck Warner was his name. He was my boss at Collision Safety Engineering for 6 years. He was such an amazing man. Knowing I would be going today, yesterday I was reflecting on the influence he had on the people who knew him. As well as the accomplishments he had achieved in this life. He has successfully created a multi-million dollar buisness, he had his PhD, he had 11 children, he was so strong in the gospel.....and he was an amazing teacher. He was a professor at BYU for quite some time before he started CSE (his company). He also always found time to play. He loved the outdoors and was always up for an adventure. When thinking of all his accomplishments, I thought about how he had influenced my life. He always pushed me to work hard. He also always believed I would be able to finish a project and make a deadline. He was hard to please at times, but when I came through he made me feel so proud. He truly cared about me as an individual, even though I was just his secretary. He had so many Christ life attributes. It really made me wonder where I stand and my influence on others. What am I doing to make a difference in other peoples lives? I came to the conclusion that I really have a lot of work to do. I can be of help to others more than I realize. Watching someone pass into the next life is always a good time to reflect on how short this life really is. There is so much for us to do in this life of good for our families and friends as well as our society. I hope that I can be a better more Christ like example like he was to me.

No comments: